Deepen your SANE skills through interactive workshops and realistic scenarios with standardized patients (actors with specialized training).
- Participate in a workshop on trauma-informed communication/interviewing and on wound
documentation/photography, which includes presentations and activities
- Complete a two-phase simulation on 1) trauma-informed interview and 2) head-to-toe assessment with wound
documentation and photography, each of which is followed by group debriefs
- Learn from expert sexual assault nurse examiners
- Gain confidence and competence caring for a patient presenting with a recent experience of sexual violence
- Learn alongside colleagues, taking time to talk through challenges and to practice skills
Where: University of Minnesota Minneapolis campus
When: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (dates and registration links below)
Prerequisites for Participation: Completion of a 40-hour didactic SANE-A course and a SANE-A clinical skills lab.
Dates (click for registration):
December 8 (Friday)